As marine transportation of various countries is developing rapidly, marine transport has become increasingly busy, resulting in more frequent happening of marine emergencies. The security situation has become more critical.
Complex marine security situations impose higher requirements for coast guards to safeguard marine security, comprehensively enforce the law, and serve the economic development.
Conventional coastal patrol methods are to adopt the AIS system to monitor ships, adopt patrol ships to perform daily patrol, and use the patrol boat to fast deploy police. These patrol methods can meet marine security law enforcement requirements to some extent but cannot fully meet fast and three-dimensional marine patrol requirements.
The UAV is an advanced unmanned aerial vehicle characterized by fast response, simple operation, convenient maintenance, low operation cost, and no personnel security risks.
The UAV can monitor the sea situation from the air, greatly improving patrol range and efficiently avoid personnel security risks on manned aircrafts.
Applying the UAV to coastal patrol can effectively crack down various illegal and criminal marine activities, assist marine rescue and relief, and build a comprehensive and three-dimensional marine monitoring system by effectively cooperating with marine law enforcement equipment.
Fields of application include:
- Daily water patrol law enforcement, equipment inspection, and sea channel measurement.
- Wartime (referring to chemical contamination accidents due to ship traffic accidents and oil spillage) marine ship oil spillage emergency and marine rescue and relief.
- Help to crack down security crimes, illegal fishing, and illegally intervening in marine control area.
- Fast checking and assessing the damages of bad weather (such as typhoon, sea ice, and red tide) to fishery and planting areas, and marine platforms.
- Measurement and patrol law enforcement evidence extraction on sea reefs along the cost or away from the mainland.